Mission & Vision
The Academy of Music engages and supports students who have a passion for the performing arts. We seek to prepare students to make informed future educational and career choices by immersing them in challenging and rigorous performance programs which are fused with academics, evolving technologies, and professional experiences.
The Academy of Music views the arts as essential to the human spirit. We strive to graduate students who are ready to accept multiple challenges because they have experienced a diverse and stimulating curriculum.
- We believe that all students should have access to arts training.
- We believe that student learning is enhanced by cross disciplinary and integrated instruction.
- We believe that students flourish in a creative-purpose driven environment.
- We believe that the arts appeal to the multiple intelligences that students possess.
- We believe that instructional programs should extend beyond the classroom.
- We believe that partnerships and mentorships between the Academy and the business community enhance and strengthen student learning and opportunities.
- We believe that training in the performing arts combined with academic rigor prepares students to graduate as creative and confident individuals.
We are a part of a comprehensive high school where students must fulfill all requirements necessary to earn a high school diploma. Our classes are designed to suit various levels student abilities including Honors and Advanced Placement courses which are offered in all Academic disciplines. In addition to our performing arts classes, we offer classes to our magnet students in English, World Languages, Science, Math, Social Studies, Physical Education, and Advertising Design.
We expect students to continue their pursuit of performing arts by choosing one of the required majors: Dance, Drama, Instrumental, Piano, Choral, Music Technology and Technical Theater.